Sunday, April 27, 2008

A decision made

I just helped a male moth out of his cocoon.

The picture shows how droopy and soft the wings are upon emergence.


I decided to cut the remaining five pupae out of their cocoons. I hadn't wanted to do it, but since it's so important that I get a breeding pair I didn't want any of the possible females to die trying to get out of the cocoon. It's not likely to happen, but it's a possibility and I need to increase my odds if success.



It looks like three females and two males. I just have to wait a little longer for them to cook and then I should be in business.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home